Ooops with the last post - I was interrupted. I know, that's a first! Here is what it should have said...
Friday (7/25) was supposed to be Grandpa Bob's day with the grandkids. He brought the nieces and nephews out here and we were going to take them all up to Peppermint Creek where the water slides are. We packed a picnic lunch and started out. Unfortunately, Grandpa's car is afraid of heights and would not go all of the way up the mountain. We trespassed on the backside of a campground for our little picnic and nursed the car back down the mountain. We made it as far as Hwy 178 before Grandpa's car just decided it was done. We pulled over and I noticed that we were pretty close to the library and decided to have Byron drop me and ALL of the kids there since it was air conditioned and I was sure I could keep the younger ones out of trouble until the guys figured out what we were going to do. My only excuse is temporary insanity ... maybe sunstroke ... anyway
The library was hosting an animal show of some sort which was great for the older kids and even Josh. Ben and Ginny, however, could have cared less about the neat monkey from Pirates of the Carribean (possibly they recognized a kinsman?). I was a little too intersted myself and had to chase down Ben who was trying to climb into one of the cages ... can we say embarrassing? I finally gave up on the show and took Ben & Ginny to the back of the library to run around which worked much better. When the show was over - the work really began. I sat and read books with the babies (or attempted it) while the animals were taken out then I let them play with the toys and noticed that they were being fairly quiet - the real noise was from the older ones who had decided to play tag around the isles. I was soooo done at that point. Thankfully, Byron and Bob got the car going and came to get us before I could seriously ask the librarian if she had any duct tape handy.
The kids decided they would rather go swimming and so Byron took them all to our friend's pool (Jenny I love you!) and I stayed home and put the babies to bed and enjoyed nearly 2 completely quiet hours. Then they all had pizza and Bob headed back across the dessert. Thankfully his car decided to make it all the way home and there were no more issues. Better luck next year Grandpa! Truthfully, though, I understand that the kids all had a blast and that was the real point in the adventure, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment