Thursday, July 17, 2008

He's no dummy!

Hello again - I am going to make up for my earlier dry period this summer! We had a too funny moment today: I have a closet in my hallway which I recent changed the door knob to a locking knob. In this closet is anything I don't want the babies to get to (on higher shelves) and Josh & Ben's toys. We have been letting them take out one bin at a time and then having the next bin when the first one is cleaned up. At any rate, in the middle are a couple of bins of Robert's toys and, since it is summer, also all of the toys that Bryce & Tess brought with them that need to stay away from increasingly creative babies (they can get into ANYTHING without a lock). I told Bryce & Tess that if they wanted to keep anything safe, it needed to be locked up high in the closet. This worked well until a week ago when Bryce left the key in the lock instead of putting it back on its nail and the key vanished ...

Now, as you can see, Josh cannot reach the key when it is on the nail - even with a chair (although as tall as he is getting, I am going to have to hang it from the ceiling soon). I digress. This morning, Josh came to me and asked if he could play with some toys - I told him "Sure, when the closet is unlocked." A few minutes later, he and other babies were playing with the toys - the closet was still locked. I asked Bryce and Tess how the babies got the toys (I was doing dishes at the time and not in view of the closet) - they said "with the key." I said great, where is the key? They said, "we don't know." It was just a mystery! At that point, I turned to Josh and asked "Could Mommy please have the key now?" Joshua said, "okay Mommy" and went and got it out of the secret hiding place in his closet where he had been keeping it - just waiting for permission to unlock the door - and being very careful to lock the door behind him and "put away" the key again! :-) I am in sooooooo much trouble .......

No comments:

Post a Comment