Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Way too much life

It seems like forever since I sat down to blog ... really at least a year has passed since last week. Still, tonight we are excited because we have a new front door! Isn't it pretty?


(The old door is the one on the left) :-)

My only question now is how to give adequate notice to strangers who are visiting (I used to have this notice on the front door)

In other news, the fence is nearly complete. Of course, I let the dog and the kids out this morning and the dog headed for the neighbor's fence found the only low spot ... it took him all of about 2 minutes. Ben wandered the entire length of the fence, stopping every few feet to reach out and shake it ... is there any doubt as to whose son this is? Ben was very upset when Boggart managed to find a hole he missed (or maybe he was just upset that he couldn't fit through it too). So, the fencing challenges continue ...

I just returned from a fabulous seminar entitled Face-to-Face With Greatness offered by the George Wythe University. It was amazing! I came home incredibly energized and ready to get my education rolling, I was ready to be inspiring to my family (because you know, of course, that the only one you can actually educate is yourself ... think about it!), etc.! I must admit that I left my poor husband hiddeously outnumbered for 48 complete hours! I, of course, returned to no clean towels and not a single clean dish in the kitchen (this I expected, although I still don't know how they managed to dirty every single one). What I didn't expect was ...


Yep, it's all gone ... he "bic'd" it. My first thought? I can find a great blog title for this: "Husband shaves Head in Protest ..." I have to say that I do actually like it, I just wasn't expecting it. And, no he isn't actually protesting anything execpt nature itself (at least that was his story).

Finally, I found a note on my blog that I had been tagged, so that will have to be another post. I honestly am not ignoring it, I just haven't gotten that far yet Dani ... thanks for the thought though!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same door but in the wood look. I can't wait to be invited over to see your house. What am I saying, I'm just going to POP in next time I get a spare second! Did you know that men that bic their head keep their hair longer? In unclogges the folicals to promote new hair growth. That's why the hair on our legs is never ending! (I am kinda smart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the front door. I noticed it from the street a few days ago. And the fence looks great too. Slowly but surely...you are making progress. Just when you think you are done with a project...you will see five more things that need to be fixed. Enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete