Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hallelujah!!!!!

They're here! I never knew just how much I really liked my washer and dryer until I spent two weeks without them. I need to send many thanks to Jenny, Krissy, and my mother-in-law for allowing me to use their machines while I didn't have any. I have to say, however, that there is nothing like being able to do your laundry at home ... especially with kids. Here they are (can I just say how incredibly excited I am?). Yes, I got the white ones on purpose! I did this for a few very good reasons. (1) you have to pay between $150 and $200 extra for the colors, (2) white goes with everything and I don't have a "color scheme" for the laundry room, and (3) color just dates things. I already have avacado appliances that somebody probably paid extra for when it was in style ... need I say more?

In other news, most of the fence posts have been set. There was no TNT (much to the kid's disappointment) but I took my turn with the jackhammer, which was an experience and that's all I'm going to say about it.
Robert has been an excellent helper today. In addition to moving a wood stack at the back of the property, he helped mix concrete, carry water buckets, fill in holes, and measure. He was finished by lunchtime and offered (without my having to ask) to mind the children for the afternoon if I needed. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awh the joys of owning your home! You've been tagged, read my blog and then copy the questions and post your answers on your blog, then tag 5 more people. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete