Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshua!!!

Okay, technically Joshua turned four on 11/21, but since we had family coming into town, we decided to have the "party" this weekend. Due to the van incident previously blogged, we only had Brian & Brandy's family, but it was still fun.
Josh got his own set of legos ... construction trucks, which Robert Brooke and Ethan helped him put together. I think "Mommy" has finally upstaged "Aunt Brandy" in the gift department. But I'm also sure it is only a temporary set back for her ... the kids adore her - as she well knows!

Although I am known for making and decorating birthday cakes, with all of the fun happenings of the weekend, Brandy and I decided to head to the store to buy one - yes, gasps of shock go here. When we got to Vons we found that a half-sheet of cake that no one would really eat was going to cost $20 so we got an ice cream pie and a package of hot wheels instead ... it was a hit and we wasted nothing!

As you can see, Ginny got her bangs cut this weekend too - which means that there is less snot and food plastering her hair to her face. I think she looks adorable. And this was a great picture of Robert I couldn't resist adding. He has been having fun showing Josh how to be a "big boy" this weekend and even decided to introduce Josh to chess - at least until he discovered that when he and Ethan finished playing they left the games on top of the garbage can. Of course, Daddy came by and thought they had been put there by me because we have been cleaning out the garage and so he just slipped them inside. The best part was when Robert opened the trash and decided that they were close enough to the top to lift out and when he reached in, the box came apart and little pieces scattered everywhere. He didn't realize that I was standing in the laundry room watching. He just looked at the box and then turned to Josh and said "this is soooo wrong" and Josh said "Yes, it is just so wrong" I just laughed! When I looked out the window again, Robert had upended the trash barrel (thank Heavens the trash was picked up yesterday morning and there was really just cardboard boxes in it) and both of the boys were happily separating their game pieces from the rest of the garbage. They even picked up all (or at least nearly all) of the trash and got it put back together before Dad got to the back yard to check on them. Can we say bathtime tonight? I know it sounds kind of gross with the garbage can and all, but I have to say that I was very proud of Robert's initiative. Instead of thowing a tantrum and pouting (which is what I fully expected), he considered the problem and set about trying to fix it. He is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment