Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CHP and Playgroup

We got to see Officer Reiswig in his nifty patrol car during playgroup today. All of the kids were fascinated with the light bar (especially Ginny) and he let the kids climb up and talk into the loud speaker attached to his front bumper. Ben and Josh, of course, had to climb in at the same time. Ben wouldn't talk, but Josh wanted to. Danny (excuse me, Officer Reiswig) told him to "tell your Mom to put her hands up" but Josh wasn't having it. With a scared look at me, he said (into the loud speaker) "I don't want to tell me Mom ..." So there! (I think)
The he opened the back seat and the kids had fun climbin around and hanging on the grill.One of the mom's, Krissy, asked for the whole "arrested" experience - including being handcuffed. I thought she put her hands into the appropriate position a bit too expertly ... hmmmmm what do you think?
While the rest of us were watching Officer Reiswig "arrest" Krissy, Ben took the opportunity to slip into the driver's seat and he was ready to go! He didn't want anything to do with the back seat - no fun buttons to push. What a fun day for all, thank you Officer Reiswig!

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW Krissy had done that before, now we can start great rumors with that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Officer Reiswig had lots of fun showing off. I thought it was funny Ben only wanted the front seat, he certainly figured out where the cool stuff is. I wish I had remembered my camera.

    ReplyDelete