My parents visited us this weekend for Robert's ordination and it was great. So, what was my mother right about this time? I have an instinctual dislike of actually using a blowdryer. Mom has been trying to get me to do it for years and I just shrug it off (or use it while she is there and wait to get home). I do own a blowdryer ... but when Mom tried to use it she found that it had died. So, she bought me a new one - happy birthday to me. Still, I do like to have one around (just in case). I just have way too much hair to make blowdrying it even remotely fun since it generally takes forever! However, yesterday I had to go into the hospital to have a cyst removed from the top of my head and I woke up too late to shower and let my hair dry naturally before the surgery (they really hate to have wet hair in the OR). So, I grabbed the dryer and, what do you know, without any fuss or mousse or anything else ... it was cute! Who knew? Mom obviously. :-) And, yes, I did call to tell her so.
Mom was having a great day yesterday. I also took her advice and cut Ginny's hair again. Ginny has really fine hair and it is getting pretty long - which I like. Unfortunately, it grows straight into her face so unless I have pulled it back and secured it she is generally walking around chewing it. So, I combed it and cut it so that her "bang" is falling forward from the crown. She is very happy being able to see and, as Mom said, she is absolutely adorable. She actually looks the spitting image of her grandmother. I think we will have to start calling her "Little Mimi." :-)
I like her bangs- they're cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd holy smokes- a cyst on your head? Did they have to dig deep? They didn't get any of your brain, did they? I didn't see any bald spots on your noggin, so they didn't shave your head anywhere? That's lucky. But seriously- I had a cyst removed from my wrist once, and they had to put me under. I was 14 and it was the size of a golf ball and draining the thing didn't do any good. And I couldn't bend my wrist... yuck. Cysts are just gross. I'm going to stop thinking about them now.
No brains to get ... whew! No bald spot either - they used paper tape to tape my hair down. The cyst was the size of a pea and they just popped out the entire thing (it was a boy according to the dr). Two stiches - I have four strands of bright blue hair - and off I went. I didn't even get any good pain meds out of the deal!
ReplyDelete