Sunday, December 27, 2009
More Reunion Memories
Before I completely forgot ... or let it get into next year. I wanted to put down a few more memorable moments from our family reunion in Mt. Pleasant - celebrating Grandma Marx's 95th birthday.
I was so grateful that Grandma got to spend time with the kids. She hadn't met Ben and Ginny and hadn't seen Joshua since he blessed - oh so long ago!
Mimi and Grandma utterly engrossed (and not at all bored) by ...
Papa and the kids. Those balloons provided amazingly versitile entertainment. The kids demanded that we stick them to the wall with magic (static) over and over and over ... some of those silly balloons followed us home too (thanks).
On a drive down memory lane with Mimi and Papa - we found the house they were living in when Angie was born. The babies couldn't quite wrap their heads around that one ...
Papa providing rides on a trip to see G-G-Grandfather's homestead outside Moroni.
Horseshoe mountain ... one of my favorite views on this planet.
The motley crew who agreed to follow Uncle Buzz on the historical tour - see us hanging on his every word?
Here is the homestead. Here it was that my great-great grandfather lived with two wives and 20 children. The wives were sisters (I loved the look on my brother-in-law's face when he imaged that set-up!) and no, there is not more to the house - just one room and a loft upstairs. I thought my 3 bedroom 2 bath home was too small for the 6 of us. Yikes!!!!!
Ginny's turn for the ride. I think that Ginny got the first ride and Ben pestered Papa until he got one too.
Byron and Papa talking. Don't know what about - that's okay. I love the picture.
Joshua and his cousins finding a sawdust pile in the next lot and deciding to "make it snow." Contrary to all expectations, there were no itchy children after this mess ...
Tess and the ducks. She spent every possible moment chasing, catching, and carrying a duck. When a deer was spotted in the back lot, Uncle Buzz overheard her saying "this place is just wonderful! Here I am carrying a duck and watching wildlife!" She said she was going to record it in her journal, I hope she did.
Robert and Bryce (who were inseperable the entire weekend) decided that the windfall apples made really good missiles ... until they got hit with a few.
Mimi following the babies ... and teaching them how to find good windfalls for eating. They ate so many I was sure we would have some upset tummies. Wrong again! I am not entirely positive that there were no worm involved, however. Still ... no one complained, so ...
More apples, more kids, and the ever-present duck ...
Ben displaying his table manners as we waited for lunch at the birthday party.
MC of the evening - Uncle Buzz. I wondered how he got stuck with that since he organized the entire event too. It was so great to see so many family members together - what a fun lunch! After the lunch we put Nathan to work taking family pictures outside Moroni's Opera House.
Not sure what Ben was doing ... Mimi had my camera. Great picture though!
All the grandkids getting comfortable for dinner. They had so much fun together!
Not a great picture, but I had to include it because Brandy (the one in the middle who doesn't look like she was up all night) bought us all necklaces. Big sister (that would be me), Middle sister (Brandy), and Little sister (Cyndi). The necklaces are great - also great was Cyndi complaining that she always gets the "little sister" stuff. Hmmmm, wonder why that is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment