Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tangerines stain ... who knew?

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! We are finally all ready for Christmas ... you might think that since Christmas Day is tomorrow that it would be a foregone conclusion. Not so, I think this is first time in years that we will actually have a real Christmas. We are not visiting anyone out of state (this week) and we also have all of the decorations up. I always wrap the Sacred Grove picture. I started doing that when I didn't have any decorations because I like how it looks and wrapping paper is pretty inexpensive. This year was no exception and I love the big present over the fireplace. Unfortunately, the scotch tape I used to attach the bow does not like being over the fireplace ... it fell down. Byron, trying to be helpful and get into the spirit of decorating (somthing he despises on principle alone) decided to put it back with something stronger - like super glue - which would have been great, but he put the glue on the front of the bow. Soooo, I need to get a new bow (probably next year). I appreciated the thought though! I have really enjoyed decorating this year, I even strung lights outside (this is a first)! We have decided to add one strand every year ... our little nod to a new tradition. We are also going to try another new tradition, but since it hasn't happened yet, I don't want to jinx it ... I will post pictures tomorrow ...
... as far as the post title goes, our friend Jenny gave us some amazingly delicious tangerines. We all really like tham, but Ginny has a unique way of eating oranges (she is defintely NOT a pulp fan). She will chew up the segment, suck out the juice, and then spit the segment back out. I call her my citrus vampire (I know, ALL of my children will probably need counseling when they grow up, but have you met their parents?????). So anyway, I try to contain and control where and when she gets an orange. This afternoon (while I went out to get a log), she decided to take matters into her own hands. To be honest, I had this one coming because I saw her grabbing for the bowl. I just figured that when she took a bite and got the bitter rind, that would be the end of it. What I didn't take into consideration was that these wonderful (and they are really really really good) tangerines make the phrase "EZ peel" an understatement. One little bite gave her all the juice she could ever have wanted. Oh well, it guess it should be noted that she would rather climb onto the counter for the fruit rather than the belgian chocolate crepes sitting right next to the bowl (I guess she has some of her father in her after all).

No comments:

Post a Comment