Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Well, we went to bed in California and woke up in Utah! We were expecting some snow, and since we moved "up the hill" for about a 500 ft elevation gain, we were expecting a bit more than usual ... but I don't think I have seen a snowfall this deep here in all the time I have lived here! The kids are excited - to say the least - and are ready to go and play ... once I unearthed the winter coats and such that we have NEVER used.










Josh wanted to know a couple of nights ago if we were going to see Frosty ... I told him that it probably wouldn't snow enough to see Frosty but he assured me that it would - I guess he told me! So, while we didn't see Frosty, we had a great time playing with ... Fred.









Ginny had definite opinions about the snow suit I shoved her in (she hasn't seen the Christmas Story yet ... but she would be a shoe in for the younger brother) and even more decided opinions about the snow. She was of course perfectly happy as long as I was holding her. She was even happier under her blanket next to the fire.





The boys have had a great time this morning (only Robert is still out at this point). Robert and Josh tried for snow angels and Ben wandered around the entire driveway fascinated by his own footprints. The sun has come out a time or two and the trees are starting to drip, but I hear we are supposed to get more snow before Wednesday ... let's hear it for global warming!

No comments:

Post a Comment