Sunday, May 25, 2008
Symphonic Sunday
Hello again, our weekend was just too full for one measly little post! We had a great Sunday today - meaning that the kids were adorable and that we got to hear most of the lessons. Byron and I have been trying to find a common interest since we are such polar opposites in most areas (yes, we can have more than one common interest, we just decided to try to find one at a time). The idea behind this exercise is to be able to look forward to doing things together by the time when the kids have left home - instead of more or less going our separate ways most of the day during retirement (whatever that is). We have tried a couple of things - branching toward eachother. To date, we have tried mountain biking - I am too much of a wuss to keep up with Byron in the dirt. We have tried the theater - Byron's snores and snorts nearly got us kicked out. We actually enjoyed lake kyaking (in singles), but cannot really afford to buy kyaks this year. Next, we are going to try the piano. Yep, we are learning to play the piano together - this has to be easier to coordinate than sea kyaking (we tried this as a "team" on our honeymoon and it nearly ended the entire story). I have a musical background, but I have never learned the piano - Byron has a wonderfully accomplished pianist for a mother and enjoys listening to the piano, but he never made the committment to learn how to play. Sooooo, I grabbed some begginning books from his mother over the weekend and we sat down to start. I am pretty well grounded in theory, so I guess I am a little more advanced than Byron, but it is definitely a case of the blind leading the blind - but we worked together for nearly an hour today (with the help of the kids). Ginny helped with a little harmony of her own, and Ben tried to help Byron with the names of the notes (they are all choo choo train, for your information). Be sure to vote in the poll for the duet you would most like us to play if you ever have the misfortune ...ummm...opportunity to hear us. :-)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment