Sunday, May 18, 2008

We MISS Daddy!!!!

Well, today was my solo Sunday. With Byron in Dallas, I packed up all four kids and headed for church. I have to say once again that Karrie is my ultimate hero! Not only does she write the most entertaining blogs I have ever read, she sits with her four small kids nearly every week by herself - how do you do it Karrie? My kids were actually pretty darn good today (absolutely it was divine intervention - the Lord knows just how much I can handle). The morning had an adorable dance session which I tried to capture on film, but my kids see a camera and just freeze.



Still, it was a cute way to start off the day. As you can see, Ginny is trying so hard to walk - she can get about three steps before she loses her balance because she starts off at a run ... I am in soooo much trouble. Once we got dressed and in church, we were doing pretty well. I had to take Ginny out to the foyer by the end of the meeting, but the boys were good enough to let me just give them "the look" to keep them in the pew. The best part was after church. I am the ward activites chairman and we have started holding "Milk & Cookie Sunday." The purpose is to give ward members a chance to socialize a bit - especially given the rising fuel costs and our large ward boundaries. So, the ward brings the milk and everyone else brings the cookies. We have dones this four times now - it was supposed to be held in the parking lot so that the kids could run and there would be little mess, but it has been too windy and cold up until this week and now it is too hot (102 yesterday) - I can't win for losing! So, the cultural hall it is - and things have gone pretty well. Today the kids even stopped after three cookies, so we had a few left-overs! The kids have a blast running full tilt through the cultural hall - which is why everyone has cleared out within 30 minutes, but I still think that it has been a success. My next goal is to find an incentive for the kids to not scream as they run.

1 comment:

  1. You and the kids did great on Sunday. See there was nothing to worry about. My daughter was the beast...lucky me!!

    ReplyDelete