Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A week of firsts ...

A few cute comments that need to be shared (wish I had gotten pictures):

Sunday: Josh was assigned to give his first scripture and prayer - and he did it! I wish I could have gotten in to see him in time, but I missed it. I hear he did very well, and that night at dinner he said the prayer for the first time all by himself ... he is getting so big!

Monday: Josh again - we were working with the alphabet. I would say a letter and Josh would repeat it (he normally just smiles at me and won't say anything). He repeated every letter until I got to the letter "u." Every time I would say "u" then he would say "me." He was so proud of himself!

Tuesday: We went for a Camping Day at playgroup which included a nature walk and S'mores over a real campfire. My boys did pretty well. I had to carry Ben once during the nature walk and Josh only headed for the river once, but that is a great average for my boys. Ginny is walking by herself now so I put her down expecting to have to pull dirt, grass, etc. from her mouth, but the only thing she wanted to chew on was the sidewalk chalk the kids were drawing on rocks with ... good girl! Robert was the only one who would eat the s'mores. The looks on Josh & Ben's faces seemed to say "why are you ruining perfectly good chocolate and crackers by smooshing it with what used to be recognizable as a marshmello?" They would (and did) eat any of the elements individually, but did not think much of the combination.

On a little side note, we are on day 2 of our family's new schedule - the one where Mommy gets up with Daddy at 5:30 AM (its not even light yet!!!) so that we can study the scriptures before Daddy goes to work. I have to say that even though I was really enjoying the sleep I was getting (Ginny started sleeping all the way through the night exactly 15 days ago), our home has stayed cleaner, we have done more together, and best of all there has been little or no contention. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit - 2 down, 19 to go!

(Yes, Byron and I have still practiced the piano ... 30 minutes a day so far!)

No comments:

Post a Comment