Ever hear the saying "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't [true]"? That has been ringing in our ears for the past 24 hours. We went in to sign the loan papers for the house and there is a problem. Really, is anyone actually surprised about this? I mean besides us ... okay, we're not surprised either. At least it isn't our fault this time! The seller is having issues with the agreement - the issue being that her understanding doesn't mesh with anyone else's. As of this morning everything is back to where it should have been yesterday and Byron and I have actually signed the papers. Now the seller has to sign them and the bank has to actually send the money they have said they are willing to loan us (I keep waiting for the "just kidding" message on that).
It's all okay though, if the house falls through - I get to go to Disneyland for my anniversary ... Byron is soooo praying for the house to actually happen. :-)

Even among our challenges, however, I am shown just how blessed I am. Last night after our attempt at Family Home Evening, we knelt as a family to hold family prayer. Byron and I were frustrated - Robert was bored - Josh was focused on "his turn" and Ginny was doing her best to run away as fast as she could. Little Ben, however, was still and quiet as he waited with his arms folded to say the prayer. Lately, in our home, we have been having multiple prayers. Josh always wants to pray and he does a beautiful job. Last night, after Dad prayed, and Josh got his turn, we were all getting up and Ben started saying "my tern my tern!!" We got everyone assembled again and he started right off - he even let Byron prompt him as he went along. His little beaming face just brought tears to my eyes. I have such wonderful children - every single one of them and I live for little moments like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment