Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome to the Circus!

I wanted to wait until I had some really exciting event - complete with pictures - to start this new and exciting chapter in our lives - the family blog. Then I realized that everyday has its own excitement, or at least moments of sheer insanity. I have also come to realize that I never have the camera ready when I need it! Huge hugs and thanks to Krissy for helping me to get this started!

This Monday finds our little family trying to find its feet after an unusually busy weekend away. Byron and I had the opportunity to go with the Hogue family to the LA Temple. This was a great day, despite Mr. Grumpy (aka Byron) finding that the new tires on his bug made the front end look too tall and that the people who put the tires on neglected to place a block of wood between the jack and the car, resulting in the bending of a little flap of metal on the underside of the car. This was discovered before we left, and nearly destroyed the entire day. Luckily, Byron has since discovered that drop-spindles can be installed in the front for a reasonably small amount AND that our local mechanic is willing and able to take on this project ... brave soul ... so, catastrophy averted! Whew! Here is picture of Byron trying to see if his body weight would bring the front end down far enough to be even with the back end (he found a blog where someone had put a bag of cement in the front because they could not afford to have the front end lowered) too bad he doesn't weigh quite enough:


In other news, the kids had an amazing Saturday as well. Robert got to go to an outdoor event with the Colella family - where he won a fishing pole (which he cannot wait to use) and lots of hooks (which I hope to be able to sucessfully hide from the babies). The babies had the Hazard family keep them occupied and I cannot thank Sierra enough for keeping them fed, clean, entertained, AND cleaning my house too ... she'll make a great mom!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Angie, I am so glad you started a blog too!! Good Job! Now the hard part comes... keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete